At some point in their life, a person will likely experience back pain. In some cases, it can be acute pain that can last for a few days or weeks that can be treated with physical therapy and medication. Other forms of pain can be chronic and the individual suffers from unbearable pain for several weeks at a time. While most healthcare professionals will try alternative methods to treat the discomfort without having to perform surgery. There are cases when spine surgery is required to help relieve their patient of the pain they experience each day. A physician at a Jacksonville spine center can properly diagnose the individual’s problem and find the right treatment method for them.
Benefits of Minimally Invasive Surgery
- The length of stay in a hospital is minimal when spine surgery is performed at a Jacksonville spine clinic.
- The incisions are small and decrease the chance of infection or blood loss from the surgical site.
- The amount of time required for recovery is reduced compared to more aggressive surgical procedures.
- You will experience minimal scarring and may require one or two stitches to close the incisions.
- Minimally invasive surgery is not as painful as more complex surgeries can be on a person.
An Experienced Pain Specialist Can Provide the Answers You Need
If you suffer from chronic pain caused by your spine, you should consult an expert today. At Riverside Pain Physicians, they work together with you and your primary health care professional to eliminate back pain from your life. You should not have to live in discomfort when their skilled experts can help improve the quality of life with surgery and various other treatments designed to help a person control their pain.