The holistic and curative concepts involved with physical therapy date back to 460 BCE when esteemed physicians such as Hippocrates and Galen began advocating hydrotherapy, targeted massages, and biomechanical manipulations as treatments for a multitude of musculoskeletal conditions.
Fast forward to the present day and you’ll see that this medical discipline has transformed the sports training and injury prevention niche, which is why so many athletes are beginning to establish tight-knit relationships with their local physical therapy clinics nowadays.
The Secret Is in the Modified Approach to Rehab and Low-Impact Exercise Regimens
Irrespective of whether you are healing from a bone fracture, dealing with joint pains, or simply wish to increase your physical strength and agility, a reputable physical therapist will be able to coalesce a myriad of new-age programs and technologies to substantially enhance your musculoskeletal system:
• Contemporary anti-gravity treadmill exercises
• Non-weight-bearing aquatic therapy
• Post-operative and post-injury treatments
• Custom-made splinting to augment healing times
However, this brief list barely scratches the surface of what’s available at your local clinic so feel free to browse our site learn about the vast array of restorative services at your disposal.
Physical Therapy Has Been Clinically Proven to Work
If you’d like to engage in targeted sports training in Salt Lake City, Utah, for instance, it’s important to note that your local physical therapist can provide time-tested, widely-recognized results:
• More than seven in every 10 athletes who regularly visit a physical therapist report “significant improvements in muscular strength, range of motion, and chronic pain.”
• On average, it takes less than five therapy sessions to achieve considerable results.
• Personalized physical therapy can decrease injury recovery periods by upwards of 50%.
Additionally, it’s worth mentioning the fact that physical therapy is about 60% more cost-effective than hiring a private trainer or visiting a general practitioner so be sure to schedule a consultation with your local clinic as soon as possible. Your body will thank you.
• Versatile, adaptable sports training programs guided by highly trained specialists