For many individuals who are aging, navigating themselves around the home, and up and down stairs can feel impossible at times. However, when aging, most individuals prefer to do so in the comfort of their own home if medically possible. Because of this request, accommodating to their specific needs requires assistance. Stair Lift Chairs in Pittsburgh PA are a solution for those who may need assistance in moving around their home.
What is a Stair
A stair lift
chair is a motorized chair that travels along a mounted rail to the
treads of stairs. They may also be installed in the ceiling to assist
those who may need total movement assistance around the home. They
are a great alternative for those who may be in a wheelchair or who
installing Stair Lifts in Pittsburgh PA can be an expensive process,
however, it is worth being able to give independence to those who
require its assistance. It is also a lot more cost-effective than
having to pay a monthly fee to an assisted living center or nursing
home. Many seniors are able to afford to purchase a stairlift through
a few different options.
- Claim the stairlift chair as a deduction on their taxes.
- Apply for grants or take advantage of the state assistive technology projects to make their home more wheelchair accessible.
- Take out a second or reverse mortgage on their home.
- Check with the individual’s insurance policy and other healthcare plans.
Listed below are
a few tips to follow in order to purchase the best stairlift chair
- Research the company that the individual is purchasing the chair from. Be sure to verify that the company will stand behind their product. This ensures that the chair is safe, reliable and comes from a trusted company.
- Purchase an additional warranty or an extended coverage plan.
- Ask for recommendations from the individual’s primary care provider.
Stairlifts are a great alternative to keep an individual in their home while still being able to provide safety and mobility. For more information about stairlift chairs, visit McArdle Surgical today. You can also follow them on Facebook.